I am recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery for a torn meniscus. So far so good, but giving myself two weeks to relax, rest, and heal. My husband, Steve was a great nurse and family is wonderful. People ask if I am bored. No way. I don’t know what boredom would look like. Do you want to know what I have been doing? Besides Physical Therapy of course.
- Reading books for my book club I would have never finished. Fiction. Just finished
Now reading The Lake in the Woods-fantastic.
And next Tobacco Road will let you know.
- Writing bits and pieces-nothing of great length, but preparing for some focused writing time.
- Going through old magazines, cutting out words that fit my vision board and articles I want to read. I will give myself a deadline to read them or throw them away.
- Contemplating contemplation. When you sit, you have more time to think and I use this time to deal with inner conflicts and sort out feelings that impair the healing process.
- It is not just my knee that is healing. It is my soul. Without a healed mind, the body cannot heal.
- Totally enjoying leaving the doors and windows open to the summer breeze and enjoying the birds, flowers, green.
- Most of all enjoying the gift of friendship and sisterhood.
I can’t wait to get back to walking, dancing and gardening and running after my granddaughters.
Regarding contenment – I am working on it. It is hard for me to let go of ambitious thoughts and the guilt of feeling like a slug. I need to remember that it is productive to heal.